Local Highways Maintenance Challenge Fund
Essex County Council has submitted a Local Highways Maintenance Challenge Fund bid in relation to Oasis Bridge, in Chelmsford.
Oasis Bridge is owned and maintained by Essex County Council. The bridge was constructed in 1970 and comprises a four-span continuous deck slab of voided reinforced concrete.
The major refurbishment scheme includes:
- Bearing replacement
- Expansion joint replacement
- New waterproofing
- Installation of inboard N2 safety barrier on the bridge central reserve and verges
- Installation of high containment safety barrier in front of intermediate piers
- Removal of drainage blockage
- Concrete repairs
- Construction of new bearing inspection access platforms and stairs
- Cycleway maintenance scheme to restore condition of deteriorated assets
For further information please see the application and appedices in the document section below.