Safer, Greener, Healthier Brentwood
Essex County Council and Brentwood Borough Council have been working together with other key partners on a proposed scheme involving a series of improvements along and around the A1023 Shenfield Road. The proposed route starts after the Wilsons Corner double mini-roundabout and along Shenfield Road to Crescent Drive, then onwards towards Shenfield station.
Changes may include:
- Segregated off-road cycleway
- Improved crossing facilities
- New secure cycle parking facilities
- Speed limits reduced to 20mph and additional signage and cycle symbol markings
- Possible School Streets to provide greater space for school children to travel to and from school safely.
Full details will be available when we launch our consultation in late May.