Safer, Greener, Healthier Chelmsford
Three potential routes were consulted upon recently as part of the Chelmsford Active Travel Fund survey. Following feedback from over 1,000 respondents, it has been agreed that routes two and three will proceed as follows:
- Improvement to riverside cycle routes from Victoria Road to Waterloo Lane.
- Raised table and on-carriageway cycle markings along Waterloo Lane
- Tindal Square improvements to walking and cycling via Chelmsford Growth Package
- Market Road contraflow cycle lane eastbound and on-carriageway cycle markings along Market Road westbound
- Trinity Road School Street measures
- 20mph zone refresh and extension to Queen Street and Navigation Road
- Springfield Park Road / Springfield Park Lane junction alterations
- Chelmer Road / Sandford Road junction improvements
Route 1 Chelmsford Railway Station to Baddow (via Old Moulsham) will not go ahead as there was little support for the Old Moulsham Quartering proposals. However, working with national walking and cycling charity Sustrans, we will be looking to progress the route by looking at other workable and acceptable options and will be seeking a future funding source for delivery. This process will also be subject to public consultation.
Please see the map in the documents section for some location detail. Full scheme details can be seen below.