Safer, Greener, Healthier Chelmsford
Essex County Council and Chelmsford City Council have been working together with other key partners on a proposed scheme involving a series of improvements. The proposed scheme is based on two routes.
The proposed route starts at Chelmsford Station via New Writtle Road and Old Moulsham to Van Diemans Road. The main aim of the route is to provide a continous cycle route through the area. Improvements may include:
- One way system with signing
- Junction upgrades
- Introduction of a new Toucan crossing
The proposed route starts in Market Road to Victoria Road and Chelmer Road/ Sandford Road to Springfield Park Road. Proposed improvements may include:
- With flow cycle improvements
- Contraflow cycle route
- Change of priority at a junction area
- On carriageway improvements
- Replacement of worn/incorrect signs
- Improvements to existing signalised junction
Full details will be available when we launch our consultation in late May.